Become a Mentor
Yours in Soccer believes in the power of connectivity with others who share similar life experiences. All too often, a young scholar athlete who is both academically and athletically qualified for college placement is simply unaware of the opportunities available due to a lack of tangible peer influence and exposure.
Mentors who are passionate about supporting scholar athletes pursuing a higher education are a key component of YSF's success. The principles of our mentorship program include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding the power behind a higher education
- How to use sports as a platform for opportunity
- Developing perseverance, resiliency and self-advocacy
- The importance of communication skills with peers, mentors, teachers, coaches and college personnel
- Navigating the college application process
- Accessing resources, creating a plan and following through
- Developing critical thinking skills to prepare for college and life after college
If you are interested in becoming a YSF mentor, please review the following criteria and complete the form below. You will be contacted by the YSF staff.
THE YOURS IN SOCCER FOUNDATION MENTOR IS...
- Committed to serving as a passionate and positive influence
- In alignment with the YSF mission
- Dedicated to the sport of soccer either as a current/former player, a coach or both
- Willing to work with a small group of scholar athletes for at least one year
- Available to meet with scholar athletes in person on a regular basis and follow up at least twice per month via emails, text, Skype, etc.
- Willing to work on a volunteer basis
FORM MUST BE COMPLETED IN ITS ENTIRETY