The Scholar Athlete
Scholar athletes who are identified by other like-minded entities and who meet the following criteria are considered for YSF support:
- The scholar athlete's family must be from an economically underserved or underprivileged community or background.
- The scholar athlete must have the motivation to work to her/his academic potential. This includes adherence to a strict academic plan with a weighted course load of AP/IB classes.
- The scholar athlete must be identified as an exceptional/elite player by a soccer club/association and/or academy with the potential to play soccer in college.
- The scholar athlete must be passionate about pursuing college and demonstrate this by maintaining high personal, academic and athletic standing.
- The parent(s) of the scholar athlete must be 100% supportive.
While Yours in Soccer works to support scholar athletes in underserved communities who are interested in pursuing a higher education, only the scholar athletes can determine the level of their success.